TRAC gene expression analysis
TRAC (Transcript Analysis with the aid of Affinity Capture) is a novel method of gene expression analysis. TRAC meets the needs of a growing number of life science and pre-clinical drug studies, as users can investigate a large panel of genes in thousands of samples quickly, efficiently and accurately without comprising on sample number or study depth.
Gene Expression Analysis Space
TRAC vs microarrays vs qPCR
Microarrays are well suited for studies where the genes of interest are not known and only a few samples are to be investigated. This is often the first step before running focused assays.
Conventional qPCR is used when only a few targets need to be investigated, using a limited pool of samples (ten to a few hundred).
TRAC fills the gap between microarrays and qPCR and is the ideal solution when:
- You know the genes you are interested in measuring
- You want to assay a whole panel of genes, rather than just a few
- You need to process many hundreds, or even thousands, of samples
- You require an analysis solution that is low cost but highly accurate
- You want to automate the process, to reduce hands-on time and increase assay turnaround speed
Alternatively, we work with many collaborators to offer TRAC as part of their integrated contact research service offerings. Currently, these include Phalanx Biotech, Admescope and SBW - email us to find out more.
Integrated gene expression analysis, from discovery through to validation and analysis:
The Plexpress OneTRAC service combines our focused FAST TRAC analysis with genome-wide discovery using Phalanx Biotech’s OneArray® microarray platform – learn more.